Standish Village Hall, Gloucestershire is an historic 700 year old Grade II listed building which has been extensively refurbished to provide a modern, comfortable and well-equipped venue for private and corporate functions of all kinds. It is owned by Standish Church (St. Nicholas Church) under the umbrella of the Gloucester Diocese and sublet to the people of Standish as a meeting place. The ground floor is further sub-let as commercial office space and the Hall is on the first floor.
Address: Church House, Standish Lane, Standish, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, GL10 3DW
With a new lighting scheme boasting imposing baronial style chandeliers and wall-lights (all dimmable for different moods), it is very different to the traditional image of a Village Hall! You can view photos of past events and room layouts in our Gallery (and check out our Testimonials!).
Standard rate: £12 per hour
Standish residents and Charity functions: £9.00 per hour
N.B. Standish village events open to all residents: Free of Charge
Regular bookings for Clubs and classes: Price on application
PLUS: a £50 refundable damage retainer is required for all bookings (including Standish residents) to cover any repairs, cleaning or redecorating due to misuse during the period of hire.
1) First check the availability of the Hall on your chosen dates(s) using our online calendar (the calendar can only be edited by the booking secretary). N.B. The calendar does not work with Internet Explorer – use a different browser such as Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Safari)
2) If the date is free, contact the Booking Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01453 828568 who will enter the date in the online diary and send you a booking form (or you can download a booking form in an editable MS Word format HERE – or as a pdf to print and fill in manually HERE)
3) Fill in the form and email or post to the address on the form.
4) Make payment for the fee and deposit either by cheque or Bank transfer – payment details are on the form.
Show-rounds: if you wish to inspect the Hall beforehand to ensure it is suitable (and check the equipment and facilities) please contact the bookings secretary to arrange a date.
Points to note
- The Hall is on the first floor up steep narrow stairs with a 180 degree bend, and there is no emergency exit for disabled people as the fire escape also has steps. Also bear this in mind if bringing in large quantities of food or equipment (e.g. a disco). Toilets are on the ground floor. Although there is a stair lift this is not suitable for those with severe mobility impairment so prior inspection is recommended and advance notification of use is required.
- The premises are hired as ‘room only’ – users are required to do their own setting up of tables and chairs – and to put it all away afterwards (and wash up/vacuum/clean)! We operate a self-entry and lock up system using a key safe outside the building. The code for access will be sent on receipt of the booking form.
- There are two meeting rooms available: the Main Hall (approx 10m x 7m) seating 60 and an adjoining “ante-room” that can be screened off from the Main Hall (approx 5.5m x 4.5m) seating 12. Click to see first floor plan and also room lay-out photos in the Gallery.
- The maximum permitted number of attendees is 60.
- There is a fully fitted, well equipped modern kitchen with a cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer and urn, plus a full set of cutlery, crockery, glasses and tableware for 60+ persons. View Standish Village Hall Handbook with equipment inventory, room dimensions and more.
- The Hall has a full Premises Licence for the provision of entertainment and the sale of alcohol. (While there is no bar it is possible to use an area of the ante room to set one up.)
- Other equipment: There is a small removable dance floor (4m x 4m); a 60” TV (with various connection cables for laptop); a large 6′ x 6′ projector screen (bring your own projector) and a powerful sound system with Bluetooth connectivity or jack-pin sockets for cabled inputs from digital devices and a CD player.
- Heating is provided by 8 Dimplex wall-mounted fan heaters.
- Wi-Fi: The Hall has fast Wi-Fi via either of two networks – choose either Standish Village Hall or Standish Village Hall 5G. The password is the same for both: Standish (with a capital S)
Directions: The Hall is easy to find – it is at the junction of Standish Lane and the main B4008 Gloucester Road. It is 2 miles south of Junction 12 of the M5, and 2 miles north of Stonehouse. It is next to Standish Church with its distinctive spire. See directions (and a pdf to send to guests) HERE
For SatNav the postcode is GL10 3DW (see Google map HERE)
Parking: There is a car park which can accommodate 14 cars. Overflow parking (for up to 20 cars) is then available either under the trees opposite the car park or along Standish Lane. Please ask guests to park on the grass “end on” facing the hedge and not parallel to the road to allow more cars to be accommodated. It helps relieve parking pressure if guests can share transport, or use taxis or mini buses when attending functions.
You can download a Parking Guide to send to your guests HERE
Accommodation: You can download a guide to nearby hotels to send to your guests HERE
PLEASE NOTE: The Car Park and access road are shared with our ground floor tenant ERFA (a First Aid training company) and Standish Church. Daytime weekday events may clash with training courses or church services such as funerals which will cause congestion and difficulty parking. The access road is also shared with 8 families who live in Standish Court so it must be kept clear for the emergency services. Weekday traffic will include work, school runs, deliveries, contractors, post and other needs for access.
Standish Village Hall Wi-Fi Password: Standish