Standish Village Hall is an historic 700 year old Grade II listed building which has been extensively refurbished to provide a modern, comfortable and well-equipped venue for private and corporate functions of all kinds.
With a new lighting scheme boasting imposing baronial style chandeliers and wall-lights (all dimmable for different moods), it is very different to the traditional image of a Village Hall! You can view photos of past events and room layouts in our Gallery (and check out our Testimonials!)
Location: The Hall is easy to find, being on the main road between Gloucester and Stonehouse (the B4008), 2 miles south of Junction 12 of the M5, and 1.5 miles north of Stonehouse. It is next to Standish Church with its distinctive spire.
For SatNav the postcode is GL10 3DW (see Google map). For information about rail, bus, walking and cycling, see our Travel Options page.
BOOKING THE HALL:
Standard rate: £10 per hour
Standish residents and Charity functions: £7.50 per hour
N.B. Standish village events open to all residents: Free of Charge
Regular bookings for Clubs and classes: Price on application
PLUS: a £50 refundable deposit is required for all bookings (including Standish residents) to cover any repairs, cleaning or redecorating due to misuse during the period of hire.
1) First check the availability of the Hall on your chosen dates(s) using our online calendar (the calendar can only be edited by the booking secretary).
2) If the date is free, contact the Booking Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01453 828568 who will enter the date in the online diary and send you a booking form (or you can download a booking form here)
3) Fill in the form and email or post to the address on the form.
4) Make payment for the fee and deposit by cheque or Bank transfer – payment details are on the form.
Show rounds: if you wish to inspect the Hall beforehand to ensure it is suitable (and check the equipment and facilities) please contact the bookings secretary to arrange a date.
For news from Standish Village by email, please join our mailing list.
Points to note
- The Hall is on the first floor up steep narrow stairs with a 180 degree bend, and there is no emergency exit for disabled people as the fire escape also has steps. Also bear this in mind if bringing in large quantities of food or equipment (e.g. a disco). Toilets are on the ground floor. Although there is a stair lift this is not suitable for those with severe mobility impairment so prior inspection is recommended and advance notification of use is required.
- The premises are hired as ‘room only’ – users are required to do their own setting up of tables and chairs – and to put it all away afterwards (and wash up/vacuum/clean)! We operate a self-entry and lock up system using a key safe outside the building. The code for access will be sent on receipt of the booking form.
- There are two meeting rooms available: the Main Hall (approx 10m x 7m) seating 60 and an adjoining “ante-room” that can be screened off from the Main Hall (approx 5.5m x 4.5m) seating 12. Click to see first floor plan and also room lay-out photos in the Gallery.
- The maximum permitted numbers are: 60 seated or 100 standing.
- There is a fully fitted, well equipped modern kitchen with a cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer and urn, plus a full set of cutlery, crockery, glasses and tableware for 60+ persons. View Standish Village Hall Handbook with equipment inventory, room dimensions and more.
- The Hall has a full Premises Licence for the provision of entertainment and the sale of alcohol. (While there is no bar it is possible to use an area of the ante room to set one up.)
- Other equipment: There is a small removable dance floor (4m x 4m); a 60” TV (with various connection cables for laptop); a large 6′ x 6′ projector screen (bring your own projector) and a powerful sound system with CD player with inputs for other digital players.
- Heating is provided by 8 Dimplex wall-mounted fan heaters.
Parking: There is a car park which can accommodate 14 cars. Overflow parking (for up to 40 cars) is then available either under the trees opposite the car park or along Standish Lane. Please ask guests to park on the grass “end on” facing the hedge and not parallel to the road to allow more cars to be accommodated.
You can download a Parking Guide to send to your guests HERE
PLEASE NOTE: The Car Park and access road are shared with our ground floor tenant (a First Aid training company) and Standish Church. Daytime weekday events can only go ahead if they both give permission. Also bear in mind that the access road is shared with 8 families who live in Standish Court. Weekday traffic will include work, school runs, deliveries, contractors, post and other needs for access.