Standish Village Hall is an historic 700 year old Grade II listed building which has been extensively refurbished to provide a modern, comfortable and well-equipped venue for private and corporate functions of all kinds. To check availability, please go to the calendar.
With a new lighting scheme boasting imposing baronial style chandeliers and wall-lights (all dimmable for different moods), it is very different to the traditional image of a Village Hall! (View Gallery)
Location: The Hall is easy to find, being on the main road between Gloucester and Stonehouse (the B4008), 2 miles south of Junction 12 of the M5, and 1.5 miles north of Stonehouse. It is next to Standish Church with its distinctive spire. The postcode is GL10 3DW (see map).
For news from Standish Village by email, please join our mailing list.
Points to note
- The Hall is on the first floor up steep narrow stairs with a 180 degree bend, and there is no emergency exit for disabled people as the fire escape also has steps. Also bear this in mind if bringing in large quantities of food or equipment (e.g. a disco). Toilets are on the ground floor. Although there is a stair lift this is not suitable for those with severe mobility impairment so prior inspection is recommended and advance notification of use is required.
- The premises are hired as ‘room only’ – users are required to do their own setting up of tables and chairs – and to put it all away afterwards (and wash up/vacuum/clean)!
- There are two meeting rooms available: the Main Hall (approx 10m x 7m) and an adjoining “ante-room” that can be screened off from the Main Hall (approx 5.5m x 4.5m). Click to see first floor plan and also room lay-out photos in the Gallery.
- The maximum permitted numbers are: 60 seated or 100 standing.
- There is a fully fitted, well equipped modern kitchen with a cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer and urn, plus a full set of cutlery, crockery, glasses and tableware for 60+ persons.
- The Hall has a full Premises Licence for the provision of entertainment and the sale of alcohol. (While there is no bar it is possible to use an area of the ante room to set one up.) A removable dance floor and a 60” TV set are available for use of hirers on request. There is a powerful sound system with CD player and inputs for other digital players.
- Heating is provided by 8 Dimplex wall-mounted fan heaters.
View Standish Village Hall Handbook with equipment inventory, room dimensions and more
Hall Hire Rates
Standard Charge: £10 per hour
Standish Residents and Charity events: £7.50 per hour
Company/Corporate rate (for conferences/meetings): £15 per hour
PLUS: a £50 refundable deposit is required for all bookings (including Standish residents).
Standish village events open to all residents: Free of Charge
Regular bookings for Clubs and classes: Price on application
To check availability, please go to the calendar.